Astra Zeneca COVID-19 Vaccination Update
- Sheffield and UK continues to use AZ vaccine as recommended by the European Medicines Agency and WHO.
- Blood clots occur naturally and are fairly common.
- The number of reported blood clots in over 11 million vaccinated in the UK is no higher than the wider population and there’s no evidence these are caused by the vaccine.
- AstraZeneca reported that of 17m people vaccinated there were 15 incidents of DVT and 22 of pulmonary embolism, “much lower than would be expected to occur in the general population”.
- This is also similar to Pfizer vaccines.
- Our vaccine campaign must continue as vaccines save lives.
The AZ statement can be found here: Update on the safety of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca
The MHRA response to the precautionary suspensions of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mhra-response-to-irish-authorities-action-to-temporarily-suspend-the-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine
Government COVID-19 Road Map
Unfortunately it appears royal mail have currently got significant delays in delivering routine mail. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we send letters with as much notification as possible. To avoid future delays please ensure your contact details and consents are up to date for Mobile and email details.
Chapelgreen Practice Doctor Link Case Study
Please click Chapelgreen Practice Case Study final.pdf to see the case study of the Doctor Link online solution that was implemented by the practice in August 2019. If you wish to register to use the Doctor Link service please visit https://app.doctorlink.com/chapelgreenpractice/register